Position Profile and Core Skill Requirements
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Full time Hr. position
This position will provide administrative and clerical support for Executive Director/ Serenity Inns. This position will support various main office functions including preparing correspondence, managing accounts, performing bookkeeping duties/QuickBooks, answering phones, monitoring office inventory and ordering supplies, maintaining calendars, and various other assignments as needed. The successful candidate will be highly reliable and will consistently be on time and professionally and effectively complete the required execution of essential functions. Must be open to new challenges, growth opportunities and willing to participate actively and constructively with all members of the Serenity Inns team
- Answer phones and greet visitors
- Manage accounts with some bookkeeping
- Check New clients in and out/ Conduct exit interviews
- Schedule appointments and maintain calendars for CEO/ED
- Schedule and coordinate staff and other meetings
- Coordinate dinner fellowship and food pickups
- Prepare communications, such as memos, emails, invoices, reports and other correspondence
- Write and edit documents from letters to reports and instructional documents
- Create and maintain filing systems, both electronic and physical
- Manage the Google suite infrastructure including email, document management and company calendars
- Manage Board and Committee records and communications including agendas, minutes and board packets
- Maintain donor records and acknowledgements via Salesforce.
- Perform basic tasks related to social media posts and website content upkeep.
- Perform tasks related to Resident Money Management.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping process and financial management and its related software
- Computer skills, proficient with Google Suite applications (docs, sheets, slides, calendar, drive)
- Basic social media and web content management skills
- Grant Support is preferred
- Accounting/budget experience is preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to implement standard office and able to operate office equipment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous successful experience in an office environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively interact with the business industry and staff members
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Education & Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma/ Associate’s degree or higher preferred.
- 3 – 5 years of administrative support at the executive level.
- Experience in nonprofit organizations, with background in faith-based settings preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms.
- Occasionally lifts items weighing up to 20 lbs.
- Must have functional speech, vision, and hearing.
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.
- Exposed to a normal office environment.
- Valid driver’s license.