The Men’s Transitional Living Program offers residents a highly structured recovery community in which to live for a minimum of seven months. The program requires residents to:
- Maintain abstinence from drugs and alcohol and submit to weekly random drug screen testing.
- Participate in the first phase LEAP program that is highly structured and includes classroom study and in-depth homework assignments.
- Attend NA/AA meetings daily and maintain daily contact with a sponsor.
- After successfully completing LEAP, find a job within 30 days that provides a minimum net income of $150 per week.
- Participate in a money management program which assists in learning how to pay rent and save money.
- Attend weekly meetings with an Addictions Counselor and a Social Services Coordinator.
- Gain access to healthcare.
- Participate in the community through housing meetings, chores, and other activities.
- Take advantage of opportunities for personal and spiritual growth.
In order to be considered for an interview with the Serenity Inns Admissions Team, a man must be:
- 18 years or older
- Employable and able to work full time without restrictions.
- Minimum of 3 days “clean time” that can be verified
- No mental illness diagnoses (i.e. schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, etc.)
There are two possibilities for new residents to be referred:
Route A: Referral from a certified AODA treatment center/Detox facility
The facility must contact Serenity Inns staff to set up an appointment for the person that is being referred. The facility must provide verification that the person has detoxed in a medically safe manner and is drug free upon leaving their facility.
Route B: Self-Referral, Referral by Parole/Probation Officer or Other Community Agency Representative
Must call Serenity Inns to set up appointment for an in-person interview. Some prescreening will be done over the phone. Candidate must have verifiable 3 days of “clean time” when interviewed in person.
Jason Dobson, Director of Programs & Facilities
Serenity Inns, Inc.
P. O. Box 26887
Milwaukee, WI 53226-6887
Phone: (414) 873-5474
Fax: (414) 873-5484